Written by 3:41 am AI

### SAG-AFTRA Agreement Enhances AI Safeguards and Boosts Minimum Wages for Historical Celebrities

SAG-AFTRA reached a tentative deal with major Hollywood studios Wednesday night after a 118-day str…

Privileges concerning artificial intelligence are encompassed within the initial agreement. As per reports, the AMPTP (Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers) and the SAG-AFTRA union, representing over 150,000 film and television professionals, have scheduled biweekly meetings to ensure compliance with governmental regulations regarding the evolving landscape of AI.

The proposed agreement outlines a novel framework where the top 20% of streaming programs would see a 75% increase in residuals, with the remaining 25% allocated to reinvestment funds jointly managed by both entities. Additionally, it delineates the specifics of residual payment procedures, as reported by sources.

Queries directed to SAG-AFTRA and AMPTP on Thursday remained unanswered at the time of reporting.

The prospective agreement is set for review by the federal board on Friday, with further details expected to be disclosed publicly.

On July 14, a significant number of industry professionals represented by the union initiated a strike subsequent to reaching a consensus on a new contract with the AMPTP, the negotiating body for producers and streaming services. (Notably, the trade organization is under the ownership of Comcast, a company affiliated with NBC News.)

In September, The Writer’s Guild of America, a collective representing Hollywood writers, who had also engaged in a strike, reached a tentative agreement with the AMPTP.

Visited 1 times, 1 visit(s) today
Last modified: December 25, 2023
Close Search Window
Close